TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Tippecanoe School Corporation is one of 11 to receive the state's first ever K-6 STEM Acceleration Grants.
The Indiana Department of Education recently announced the recipients of the STEM grants. The department received 136 proposals.
The grant money will be used for research that will provide Indiana leaders with evidence of impact from STEM activities.
Students at Battle Ground intermediate school participated in a STEM activity today. Principal John Pearl said this opportunity will be beneficial to student success.
"With these kits, they'll learn to communicate they'll learn to persevere, they will learn to collaborate they'll learn a little bit of resiliency and a lot of perseverance," said Pearl.
The grant is $99,000. Pearl said TSC will purchase STEM Kits for classrooms.
- TSC awarded STEM acceleration grant
- TSC students learn about STEM careers
- SIA Foundation Awards Winter Grants
- Enrollment continues to increase for TSC
- Major renovation plans move forward for TSC
- TSC ready to start athletic facility projects
- TSC getting ready for Kindergarten Roundup
- TSC names 2018 Teachers of the Year
- 70-plus Indiana communities awarded 'Frankenstein' grants