WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind, (WLFI) — INDOT recommends that drivers use Soldiers Home Road this week for those who normally take the Sagamore Parkway bridge.
There are several other detours but this one is suggested by the Indiana Department of Transportation.
The detour follows Soldiers Home Road to Kalberer Road.
From there, drivers should take Morehouse Road to Sagamore Parkway down to U.S. 231 south.
From the Lafayette side, U.S. 231 north is recommended.
The closures are due to beams being installed for the new Sagamore Parkway bridge.
Crews expect to do five per day, meaning there will be five closures each day.
INDOT aims to have all closures finished by Friday. It says another 10 beams will be installed once the project is further along.
- TRAFFIC ALERT: INDOT recommends detours for Sagamore bridge lane closures
- Traffic Alert: Sagamore bridge closures delayed until Thursday
- Drivers responding well to Sagamore bridge lane closures
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge closures begin today
- Sagamore bridge closures delayed until Wednesday
- INDOT: Overnight closures on Sagamore Parkway start Friday
- INDOT to close westbound Sagamore Parkway Bridge until late-summer
- Last summer for Sagamore closures
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge reopening delayed
- 20-minute closures on Sagamore Pkwy Bridge begin Tuesday