LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette Police are warning drivers that Twyckenham bridge is completely shut down at 18th St. due to a traffic incident and drivers should avoid the area of S. 9th St and Twyckenham Blvd.
A man is in critical condition after a collision between a motorcycle and a mini-van.
It happened at the intersection of Twyckenham Blvd and 9th street. around 3 p.m. Friday afternoon.
According to police, the motorcyclist was heading eastbound on Twyckenham and a black honda odyssey was going westbound.
The odyssey was turning onto 9th Street when both vehicles crashed. The driver of the odyssey was not injured and the motorcyclist was taken to Franciscan Health.
The intersection will be closed for several hours.
- One seriously injured in crash in Twyckenham and 18th St. crash
- Lafayette man arrested after 18th St. standoff
- Six-year-old back at school after Twyckenham Apartments fire
- Drivers concerned about Twyckenham Blvd and 9th Street intersection
- 18th St. standoff over: Four detained, including potential suspect
- Crash in Fulton County injures 7
- 2 injured in SR 28 crash
- Woman injured in White County ORV crash
- One injured in tractor, semi crash
- Rossville man injured in ORV crash