FRANKFORT, Ind. (WLFI) -- After a rough start to the season the TPA Park Pool in Frankfort is expected to open up soon.
The pool was filled on May 15 and was scheduled to open Memorial Day weekend. Within a couple days the pool lost nearly three feet of water and was never opened to the public.
An expansion joint under the pool was leaking, causing the pool to drain.
Director of the Parks and Recreation Department for the City of Frankfort, Travis Sheets, said the pool has been fixed but daily inspections will be done at the pool this summer.
"We were able to temporarily repair it and as you see behind me we are in the process of filling the pool so I'm hoping that by the end of this week we'll be open for business," said Sheets.
Although the pool itself is fixed for now, there are still issues beneath the pool.
"There's some washout below that we're aware of and that's when the extensive part of the repairs either this fall or next spring," said Sheets.
- TPA Park Pool preparing to open for the season after repairs
- West Lafayette pools open Thursday
- Columbian Park Zoo opens for season
- Lafayette Parks & Rec prepare for potential parasite in pools this summer
- Flu season preparation is underway
- Frankfort pool will not open Memorial Day Weekend as expected
- Emergency personnel prepare for winter season
- Volunteers prepare Canal Park for winter
- YWCA announces permanent pool closure
- Tapawingo Park's Riverside ice-skating rink is open for the season