LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Glenn Smith was arrested on Christmas Eve for resisting law enforcement with a vehicle, reckless driving, never receiving a license and possession of paraphernalia.
Tippecanoe County Sheriff Bob Goldsmith said according to the report, Smith was searched and put through the body scanner.
However, somehow drugs were found in his cell on Saturday.
The office is investigating how that happened but Goldsmith said this is the first time in months they have found drugs in the jail.
Lab results will determine the type of drug found.
This particular case has been forwarded to the prosecutor's office for review.
- TCSO investigates drugs found in jail cell
- TCSO hosting 'Explorers' open house
- TCSO looks to expand the explorer program
- Could a volunteer program help the shortage at TCSO?
- Jeffrey Epstein found injured in jail cell with marks on his neck, sources say
- Man accused in 2013 double murder found dead in cell
- Mackey gets better cell reception
- Jail inmate found guilty of attempted murder
- Authorities investigate Tippecanoe County Jail inmate's death
- Akron drug investigation turns up money, drugs and guns