LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe County Health Department released a statement Friday to remind the community that even though Indiana is moving to stage 5 of the "Back on Track Plan", the restaurant and bar restrictions remain in effect until further notice.
The Health Officer's order issued on September 9, requires the following:
- Restaurant capacity shall continue to be limited to 75% of available seating (including outdoor facilities); provided that, social distancing of at least 6 feet is maintained.
- Bar capacity shall continue to be limited to 50% of available seating (including outdoor facilities); provided that, social distancing of at least 6 feet is maintained.
- Patrons of restaurants, bars and nightclubs are required to remain seated at tables, or at the bar when bar-top service is permitted. Restaurants, bars and nightclubs are permitted to offer bar-top service until 9 pm for patrons who are dining provided social distancing of 6 feet is maintained between parties seated at the bar. Table-top service is required for patrons not seated at the bar.
- Dance floors shall not be used. Game areas, such as for billiards, pinball, and darts, will be limited to only those patrons actually participating in the use of those facilities.
- Restaurants, bars and nightclubs shall be limited in the hours that patrons will be served: Such facilities shall close, with patrons having left the facility, no later than 12:00 midnight. Restaurants may open for in-person dining at 5:00 AM; bars and nightclubs may open as permitted by applicable regulatory authority.
- This Order does not apply to drive through, curbside, and delivery services provided by restaurants, bars and nightclubs when such services are provided in a manner expected to minimize the risk of Covid 19 transmission.
Governor Holcomb's Stage 5 Executive Order 20-43 allows counties to impose more stringent requirements than those specified in the Executive Order.