LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe County Health Department (TCHD) put forth a list of actions that people can take to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
RELATED DOCUMENTS: Workplace, School, and Home guidance
The Tippecanoe County Health Department is recommending the following actions;
- Modify, postpone or cancel large open to the general public events (50 or greater) for the safety and well-being of your event staff, participants and the community.
- Develop messages that discourage people who are sick from attending events. This should include messages requesting that people leave events if they begin to have symptoms of acute respiratory virus.
- Plan ways to limit in-person contact for staff supporting your events.
- Develop flexible refund policies for participants. Create refund policies that permit participants the flexibility to stay home when they are sick, need to care for sick household members or are at high risk for complications from COVID-19.
- Communicate with your community members if events are changed, postponed, or canceled.
- Emphasize everyday preventive actions through increased communications with employees and visitors to your organization.
- Stay home when sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow.
- Wash hands often.
- 10. Limit close contact with others as much as possible (about 6 feet).
- Provide prevention supplies to event staff and participants. This can include hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, tissues, trash baskets, and cleaners and disinfectants.
- Consider alternatives for staff and participants who are at high risk for complications from COVID-19.
- Implement flexible staff attendance and sick-leave policies, if possible.
- Separate those who become sick at your event from those who are well. Establish procedures to help sick staff or participants leave the event as soon as possible.
- Determine the need to postpone or cancel your events.