TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - The Tippecanoe County Health Department announced January 29 it would be easing some COVID-19 restrictions. The changes will take affect at 12:01 a.m. January 30.
The changes are as follows:
- Gyms, fitness centers, senior day centers, cultural, retail, entertainment, and tourism venues will be allowed 100% capacity.
- Restaurants will be allowed 75% indoor capacity.
- Bars will be allowed 50% indoor capacity.
- Additional restrictions on bars and restaurants in the November 18 order remain in place.
- All changes are made with the expectation that adequate social distancing measures are followed.
The changes are taking place because the county's COVID-19 positivity rate has been below 10% for two consecutive weeks. Should the positivity rate rise above 10% again, further restrictions could be put back in place.