TIPPECANOE, Ind. (WLFI) — Four Tippecanoe County Community Corrections Officers are getting recognized for saving a life recently. On August 6, one of the community corrections participants had a medical emergency when four officers came to his aid to perform CPR and keep him alive until more help arrived.
Maura Leuck, one of the officers, said it was a team effort they're all proud of.
"Just makes you know that you did the right thing and you're helping these people basically progress further in their life. I mean, it's great saving a life. There's no better feeling than that," said Leuck.
The four will officially receive their life-saving award on Wednesday at noon at the Tippecanoe County Community Corrections Facility.
- TCCC officers recognized for saving a life
- 6 neighbors recognized for saving a life
- Study looks at how to solve TCCC's rising population problem
- Frankfort officers honored after saving man's life
- Ten officers recognized at Top Cop Awards
- Forbes Magazine recognizes Lafayette
- United Way recognizes community impact
- Recognizing how Alzheimer's impacts Hoosiers
- Man reunites with nurse who saved his life
- Tourniquet saves life of car crash victim in Cass County