TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe County Arts Federation is adding several new classes to their After School Arts Program this semester.
The recent additions include "Houses for Mouses" for first, second and third-graders, "Uke Can Do It!" ukulele classes for grades four through 12, "Crazy Caricatures" for grades four through eight and "The Art of Spoken Word Poetry" for grades eight through 12.
Past offerings such as clay, banjo, guitar and fiddle will also be returning to this semester's calendar.
The After School Arts Program is sponsored by TAF and aims to provide offer all children access to the arts.
The classes are free and cover a wide range of creative fields including visual, performing, literary and culinary.
The Tippecanoe Arts Federation says the program's goals are to reinforce academics, improve self-esteem and inspire creativity.
To see a full schedule of classes click here.
To register, parents and guardians can submit registration applications in person at TAF at 638 North St. in Lafayette or by using the online form by clicking here.
For more information on TAF's After School Arts Program click here.
- TAF's After School Arts Program adds ukulele, other new classes
- Purdue adds two to incoming class
- TAP for TAF to host craft brew beer fest
- TAF to host grand re-opening ceremony Friday
- Purdue adds wide receiver Marcellus Moore to 2020 class
- Tippecanoe School Corporation celebrates class of 2018
- IU Health's new 'state of the art' radiation machine brings world-class cancer care to Lafayette
- Arts and Humanities celebrated at 2019 Bravo for the Arts
- Delphi mom pushes for art education in schools
- Purdue College of Liberal Arts partners with Ivy Tech ASAP program