LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)- The Tippecanoe Arts Federation has a brand new look. TAF is holding a ribbon cutting ceremony Friday to formally unveil its new appearance post-renovations.
As we previously reported, TAF temporarily moved its office to the Tippecanoe County Historical Association downtown.
TAF officials said they're very happy to be back home in the Wells Community Cultural Center. They worked out of TCHA for 10 months before moving back to North Street. Now, TAF is proudly showing off its fresh look and new space.
Updates include a new stage on the main floor, more natural light, a dance studio, conference rooms and much more.
Executive Director Tetia Lee says the new space is achieving all the things TAF wants.
"It's a great place to now see visual artwork, to enjoy the historic architecture and to really take in all the new design," Lee said.
TAF opened back up to the public in May. Lee said while they are enjoying the new renovations, discussions are still on the table for future growth.
"We certainly still need to accommodate the growing needs of our community," Lee said. "So as we had originally planned for an expansion, we wanted to live in this space before we expand to the north part of our building. So that is still in the conversation."
In terms of a time line or an exact plan for expansion, Lee said there is nothing definitive yet.
Friday's ribbon cutting will take place at the Tippecanoe Arts Federation at 5:00 p.m. Remarks will begin around 5:10.
There will be a few special guests at the event to speak on TAF's importance to the Lafayette community.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to join.
If you're unable to make the grand re-opening ceremony but would like to see TAF's new renovations, the gallery is open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- TAF to host grand re-opening ceremony Friday
- TAP for TAF to host craft brew beer fest
- TAF's After School Arts Program adds ukulele, other new classes
- Grand opening welcomes Grant's House
- Lafayette's New YMCA Celebrates Grand Opening
- River City Community Center celebrates grand opening
- Grant's House grand opening this Sunday
- YWCA holds grand opening for renamed local business
- Whittaker Inn celebrates grand opening with ribbon cutting
- Glen Acres hosted a community open house