FOWLER, Ind. (WLFI) — The two Fowler men suspected in the death of a man found dead in a burning Fowler home were formally charged on Monday. Duane Scott Muse and Rhett Martin are accused of killing Daniel Riegle, whose body was pulled from his burning home on December 6. Both men were charged with three counts of murder. The counts are enhanced by the "use of a firearm."
Muse and Martin are accused of killing Riegle after breaking into his house in a robbery attempt. Martin is also charged with one count of arson.
About 7:50 a.m. on Dec. 6, firefighters were called to 103 N. Polk Street for a home on fire. According to court documents, firefighters found 60-year-old Daniel Riegle dead near his front door. Firefighters say blood splatter was found near the body.
- Suspects in Fowler death formally charged
- Suspect formally charged in weekend stabbing
- Fowler boil order lifted
- Central Indiana woman formally charged in son's car death
- Indiana woman formally charged in stepdaughter's killing
- Fowler is under a boil order
- Fowler bar collapses amid rainy weather
- Fowler House hosts first Easter Sunday brunch
- Plan for Fowler Avenue Apartments approved
- Beloved Fowler couple's lives taken by crash