LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police have reopened Holloway Drive at Washington Street after a suspected drunk driver knocked down an electrical pole, according to Lt. Matt Gard. That's near Thomas Miller Elementary School.
Tara Robinson was arrested for driving while intoxicated and driving while suspended prior. Gard said she had a blood alcohol content of .13 at the time of the crash.
The alert came in around 11 a.m. Police reopened the road around 2:30 p.m.
About 20 homes were without power due to the crash Tuesday afternoon.
- Holloway Drive reopened after suspected drunken driver knocks down electrical pole
- Purdue installs video boards at Holloway Gymnasium
- Farming equipment knocks out utility poles in Fowler
- Indiana legislator jailed on drunken driving, other charges
- Deputies: Suspected drunken driving crash closes Tippecanoe Co. road for 12 hours
- State Street fully reopens for drivers and pedestrians
- Purdue rallies, knocks off No. 13 Michigan
- Truck drives through home after driver found shot
- Ford and Volkswagen team up on self-driving and electric cars
- WL's Maria Siciliano signs to pole vault at Cornell