LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The suspect arrested in Wednesday's fatal hit-and-run crash was charged Monday. 18-year-old Yariel Lunice Nicole Butler faces charges of leaving the scene of an accident resulting in death (Level 5 felony), leaving the scene of an accident with serious bodily injury (Level 6 felony), and leaving the scene of an accident with bodily injury (Class A misdemeanor).
Butler was arrested August 2 during a traffic stop on South 4th Street. She is believed to be the driver in the hit and run crash on U.S. 52 that killed one man and injured two early Wednesday morning August 1.
- Suspected driver in fatal hit-and-run charged
- Suspect and vehicle involved in fatal hit-and-run found
- Fatal hit-and-run suspect bonds out of jail again
- Fatal hit-and-run suspect released from jail
- Suspect identified, facing charges in Jasper County fatal hit-and-run
- Hit-and-run suspect's charge amended after second victim dies
- Trailer located in Jasper County fatal hit and run, still looking for driver
- Accused Jasper County fatal hit-and-run driver appears in court
- Officials release names and details from fatal hit-and-run
- Remembering victims of a fatal hit-and-run crash