FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say a man suspected of beating a 60-year-old man who subsequently died of a heart attack during an apparent road rage attack in northeastern Indiana has been arrested in Florida.
WANE-TV reports Brandon M. Cook was taken into custody Thursday evening and booked into the Bay County Jail in Panama City. An arrest warrant was issued Monday for Cook on suspicion of involuntary manslaughter.
Court records say the 27-year-old posted on Facebook that he taught another driver a lesson.
Fort Wayne police say Orlando Fernandez was traveling on U.S. 30 at the U.S. 33 interchange Aug. 8 when he was involved in an altercation with another driver. Both vehicles stopped. The other man exited his pickup truck, went over to Fernandez' car and beat him before driving away.
- Suspect in fatal Indiana road rage beating caught in Florida
- Road rage leads to reported parking lot beating
- Indiana man suspected of murder caught in Vegas
- Road rage incident lands driver and passenger in jail
- Falzon scores 21, Northwestern beats Indiana 73-66
- Fugitive who vowed to 'never be caught' arrested in Indiana
- Indiana governor directs lowering flags for Florida victims
- Indiana gun bill under scrutiny after Florida shooting
- Indiana Task Force One returns from helping in Florida
- Victim of fatal crash on State Road 26 identified