LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — One man now sits behind bars after SWAT safely took the suspect into custody. According to police, around 5:20 p.m. Thursday, officers showed up at a house on State Street to serve a warrant on 45-year-old Arlo Kelly.
When he refused to surrender, officers said they called in the SWAT team and shut down State Street from 9th to Kossuth. The situation ended around 8:20 p.m. when Kelly was eventually arrested.
Kelly was featured on our fugitive search segment with Lafayette police at the beginning of October. He had warrants for theft, possessing and dealing methamphetamines, residential entry, and battery.
- Suspect in custody after three hour stand-off
- LPD investigating homicide, suspect in custody
- City Bus expanding hours
- Suspect in custody after teen dies in Lafayette homicide
- Deputies take Monticello hit-and-run suspect into custody
- Cousins give birth hour apart
- One suspect in custody, one still wanted in Miami Co. trail murder
- One suspect in custody in connection with the animal cruelty case at Fair Oaks Farms
- Standoff lasting 20+ hours comes to an end; ISP confirms suspect is dead
- 72 hours in America: Three hate-filled crimes. Three hate-filled suspects.