LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — On Thursday, Joshua Balser was charged with several counts, including battery by means of a deadly weapon and criminal recklessness.
The incident happened in the area of Main and Asher streets. Prosecutors say the victim was meeting up with Balser at a nearby apartment. Afterwards, the victim says Balser approached him in a parking lot and stabbed him in the back.
He was taken to the hospital, where doctors discovered he had a punctured lung.
Prosecutors say Balser confessed.
- Suspect formally charged in weekend stabbing
- Suspects in Fowler death formally charged
- Indiana woman formally charged in stepdaughter's killing
- Lafayette woman charged after alleged weekend stabbing
- Central Indiana woman formally charged in son's car death
- Neighbor who chased stabbing suspect shares story
- Homeless man charged in stabbing case sentenced
- Murder charges filed in Lafayette stabbing death
- Charges filed against drug suspects
- Name released of Rensselaer stabbing victim; suspect jailed