LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Official charges have been filed for a man accused of killing Drequan Burglar. According to the Tippecanoe County Prosecutor's Office, 20-year-old Andre Hastings was charged with Murder (Class X Felony) on August 5, the same day an arrest warrant was issued.
The court documents state that surveillance video obtained by police show, on August 2, Burglar and another male were talking outside when the suspect walked by. The three turned to face each other at that point the male turns and runs and Burglar falls to the ground. The suspect then flees the area. The suspect was later identified as Hastings.
Hastings is 6 feet tall and around 140 pounds. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information about Andre Hastings is urged to contact the Lafayette Police Department immediately, at 765-807-1200, or the WeTip Hotline at 1-800-78 CRIME.
- Suspect, still at large, charged with murder in killing of Romney Meadows man
- LPD: Man suspected of killing in Romney Meadows arrested
- Lafayette police searching for man suspected of killing Romney Meadows man
- Head Start coming to Romney Meadows
- Lafayette police investigate shooting at Romney Meadows
- Police looking for suspect in alleged Romney Meadows armed robbery
- Romney man charged after police standoff
- Man arrested facing attempted murder charge
- Strasbourg Christmas market shooting: Gunman at large after three killed
- Lafayette double homicide suspect charged with murder and identity deception