LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man is facing multiple charges as a suspect in a robbery and attempted robbery in Lafayette. Hector Casanova Jr. was charged on Thursday with armed robbery, attempted armed robbery, two counts of intimidation, and two counts possession of marijuana.
According to court documents, on January 5, officers were called to North 21st Street to investigate a robbery complaint. When they arrived they were told the victim and Casanova had met when Casanove had shown a handgun and brass knuckles demanding he empty his pockets.
On January 12, officers responded to another robbery complaint near South 19th Street. The victim said he was meeting a person to sell them a pair of shoes. The buyer, who was Casanova, met with the victim and gave him money for the shoes. Casanova then showed a handgun and later a set of brass knuckles and demanded the money back. The victim refused and Casanova left the area on foot.
On January 15 Police located Casanova at a residence on South 20th Street, where he was taken into custody for a previous warrant. Documents also state during the arrest, police discovered marijuana.
- Suspect charged with Lafayette armed robbery
- Serial robbery suspect charged for multiple armed robberies
- Lafayette man admits to armed robbery, charges filed
- Lafayette man charged in Village Pantry attempted armed robbery
- Lafayette man sentenced for armed robbery
- Armed robbery reported on Lafayette's east side
- Man sentenced in West Lafayette armed robbery
- Lafayette police investigating three weekend armed robberies
- Lebanon Police apprehend armed robbery suspects
- Lebanon Police searching for armed robbery suspect