LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A man faces multiple charges in connection to the attempted robbery of the Shell Gas Station in Lafayette. According to court filings, Levi Darrin Greenup if facing the following nine charges:
- Attempted Robbery (Level 3 Felony)
- Intimidating by Means of a Deadly Weapon (Level 5 Felony)
- Attempted Battery by Means of a Deadly Weapon (Level 5 Felony)
- Criminal Recklessness (Level 6 Felony)
- Pointing a Firearm (Level 6 Felony)
- Attempted Theft (Class A Misdemeanor)
- Carrying a Handgun without a License (Class A Misdemeanor)
- Possession of Methamphetamine (Level 6 Felony)
- Resisting Law Enforcement (Class A Misdemeanor)
On December 4, police responded to an attempted armed robbery at the Shell station on South 4th Street in Lafayette. Employees stated a man entered the store pulled a gun and demanded money. The employee, behind bullet-resistant glass, refused and called the police. After trying to access the enclosed area, the suspect went to leave the store, turning a firing at the employee.
Later that day, police returned to the area after receiving a report of a man injured around South 5th Street. Greenup, suffering from what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the leg, matched the description of the robbery suspect. He was taken to the hospital for treatment and later arrested.