INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A central Indiana man has been arrested in connection with a slaying where the victim's body was found buried beneath concrete.
Indianapolis police arrested 48-year-old Jason Hancock on a preliminary murder charge Thursday for his alleged involvement in the death of 41-year-old Michael Marks.
He remained held Friday at the Marion County Jail and it wasn't clear if Hancock has an attorney who could speak on his behalf.
Sgt. Christopher Wilburn with Indianapolis police said Friday that Marion County prosecutors will determine what formal charges the Brownsburg man might face in Marks' death.
Marks was reported missing Feb. 25. His body was found Wednesday buried in a shallow grave beneath concrete inside a warehouse on Indianapolis' northwest side.
A coroner identified the body Thursday at that of Marks.
- Suspect arrested in slaying of man buried beneath concrete
- NW Indiana man found dead beneath overturned lawn mower
- Man sentenced to 55 years in triple slaying in Indiana
- Indiana man convicted in 2 slayings linked to $10,000 purse
- Police arrest man suspected of rape
- Juvenile waived to adult court in Indy doctor's slaying
- Suspect arrested in Everett Street shooting
- Shell gas station robbery suspect arrested
- Indiana woman who killed her 2 kids sentenced in 3rd slaying
- Man arrested after I-65 crash