LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — An arrest was made in a Lafayette shooting that happened earlier this month in the 1700 block of Everett Street.
According to police, 27-year-old Maurice Swann was arrested Monday in connection with the shooting. He faces preliminary charges of criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon and a felon in possession of a firearm.
On May 12 around 3 a.m., police were called to the 1700 block of Everett Street for a report of shots fired. That is in the Columbian Park area.
According to police, witnesses said they heard several shots and saw cars speeding away from the scene.
Police said they found evidence of a shooting, but no victim. While officers continued investigating, they discovered a victim had been taken to the hospital for two gunshot wounds.
- Suspect arrested in Everett Street shooting
- Police arrest suspect in 19th Street robbery
- LPD investigating Broadway Street shooting
- Kokomo rape suspect arrested
- Arson suspected in 6th Street apartment fire
- Two teen suspects arrested in shooting of 15-year-old
- Neighbors react to shooting on Hartford Street
- 18th Street SWAT situation ends with arrest
- LPD looking for shooting suspect
- Woman arrested following Lafayette shooting