LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — An 11-year-old Sunnyside Intermediate School student has died after a battle with cancer.
Landyn Griffith died early Friday morning.
As News 18 reported in February, Griffith was diagnosed with brain cancer earlier this year.
He was an avid baseball player and fan, especially when it comes to the Chicago Cubs.
During his battle, Griffith was given words of encouragement from Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo.
Funeral arrangements are pending.
- Sunnyside student passes away after fight with cancer
- Teddy bear helps fill void left by Sunnyside student battling cancer
- Sunnyside Intermediate School completes its $9 million wing
- Hammer Down Cancer: A fight for all
- Tyler Trent passes away following battle with bone cancer
- Prosecutor leads challenge to help fight intern's cancer
- Lafayette teacher shares her story of fighting breast cancer
- Cumberland Elementary Students celebrate Say's Firefly Bill passing House
- Krannert students pass out cookies to demonstrate gender wage gap
- To help fight vaping, schools look to their own students