TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI)- Greater Lafayette loves to eat. There are so many fantastic restaurants in our area, but the newest way to grab a bite to eat is mobile.
News 18 wanted to give its viewers something special this summer, so we're launching 'Food Truck Fridays.'
News 18 is telling the story behind the food trucks that seem to be driving all over the viewing area. For our first Food Truck Friday segment, we're starting with a truck that celebrated its first birthday on Thursday.
"Hey everyone thanks for coming to the Guac Box!"
If you've noticed this new set of wheels around town, you may have also noticed the guy driving them.
"Food is what brings everyone together."
Matt Bestich is the Chef and Owner of Guac Box, a local food truck. He has only been in the food truck business for one year, but he's here to stay.
"Just open up those taste buds and get people to trust you on what you're making and then you can go farther out of the box."
He hit the ground running with his food truck . Or should we say, with the petal to the floor.
"Just keep on truckin'."
Matt may be the new kid on the block, but his attitude is that of a leader.
"I started the Food Truck Association here in Tippecanoe [County] and the idea was just to open up the communication between all the food trucks," Bestich said. "Last year I had so many dates that people would ask me about and I just didn't have the availability. I want to give that to someone else that can provide quality food and that has that date open."
Matt said the trucks are better together.
"The more of us there are, the bigger the scene will become because we offer variety and quality food that no one else can compare to."
This newbie's mentality is focused on community.
"We shouldn't be against each other, we should be with each other and we can make great things happen in this city," Bestich said. "Let's show everyone why they should support us."
Be sure to tune into News 18 this Morning from 5:00 - 7:00 a.m. on Fridays this summer to catch the latest Food Truck Friday segment.
- Food Truck Fridays: Guac Box celebrates 1 year of truckin'
- Food Truck Fridays: L Kora serving authentic Mexican street food for five years and counting
- FOOD TRUCK FRIDAY: Roasting, Toasting and Baking for the community
- Lafayette School Corporation gets a food truck
- Food Truck Fridays: Tick Tock Tavern delivers timeless meals on wheels
- Food Truck Friday: Sheepdog Coffee Company brews a new kind of cafe experience
- Food Finders asking for donations for delivery truck repairs
- Food Finders Food Bank receives new truck, large donation from Tyson
- Chinese New Year celebrated at Purdue
- Sallie Fahey celebrates 45 years with APC