INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A suburban Indianapolis swim coach is facing federal charges alleging he shot video of himself having sex with one of his athletes.
Prosecutors said Thursday that 29-year-old John C. Goelz has been charged with sexual exploitation of a minor and possession of child pornography. He allegedly had a sexual relationship since February with a girl he coached at the Carmel Swim Club and on the Carmel High School swim team. Goelz is a volunteer assistant coach for the school swim team.
Prosecutors say investigators learned of the relationship on June 29 and arrested Goelz on Tuesday. They believe he had sex with the girl at parks, at his home and at an Anderson hotel where he shot video of them having sex.
Goelz's attorneys declined to comment on the charges.
- Suburban Indianapolis swim coach faces federal charges
- Suburban Indianapolis airport gets $1.5M in improvements
- Amazon plans packaging center in suburban Indianapolis
- Suburban Indianapolis police force deploying body cameras
- FedEx scraps plans for suburban Indianapolis ground hub
- Deaths of suburban Indianapolis teachers were murder-suicide
- Black ice causes 30-car pileup in suburban Indianapolis
- 24 people facing charges after Indianapolis drug busts
- Former Carmel swim coach sentenced for sexual exploitation
- US Senate confirms Indianapolis attorney as federal judge