WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — There's good news for drivers and pedestrians in West Lafayette. State Street through campus is set to open at the end of the month.
Earlier this month, State Street from Airport/McCormick Road to U.S. 231 reopened.
State Street from Airport/McCormick Road to University Street remains closed. West Lafayette city leaders said that portion should be open by Nov. 30.
Some students who live in the area are relieved to hear the closure will no longer be an issue.
"It was just annoying for walking, but also driving. It's caused a lot more spots to be busier. It's just taken longer to get anywhere," said Emily Elsasser.
"It takes longer to get to and from class. I know it would probably shave off at least 5 or 10 minutes for some classes, especially living in McCutcheon," said Grant Deck.
Again, State Street should open on Nov. 30 if the weather cooperates.
- Students look forward to State Street reopening
- State Street fully reopens for drivers and pedestrians
- Lafayette Street reopens after fallen tree blocks lanes
- Tippecanoe fairgrounds project moves forward
- Animal cruelty bill moves forward
- Local business pays it forward
- State Street set to open Thursday
- Preparing for 2018 State Street construction
- New lanes open on West State Street
- State Street closures will affect parking garage