WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - The Purdue Men's Basketball Team is back in the Sweet 16 for the second year in a row. Students are back on campus, gearing up for the game later this week.
Although this week's game could be played without a star, Purdue faithful are still optimistic.
"I think Isaac Haas will be out kind of hurts a lot but you know they played really well and came out with a W so hopefully they can keep going," said Kevin Patel.
Understandably, Boilermaker fans are hurting because of the loss of senior center Isaac Haas, yet the optimism remains.
"They don't have to double team Isaac every time around, but I have faith and I think we can advance to the Final Four honestly," said Joe Shaughnessy.
Shaughnessy said he hopes Matt Haarms can help fill the void, he's Purdue's other 7-footer.
"I do think defensively he will be able to step up," said Shaughnessy. "He has fire, he's an aggressive player."
Other fans just want a relaxing game in the round of 16.
"I'm just looking for a blowout I just want to see Purdue kill a team, that's what I'm looking for," said Neil Maniar.
Purdue will tip-off at 9:57 eastern time at the Boston Garden. The game will be televised on TBS.
- Purdue students excited for NCAA Sweet 16
- Purdue advances to Sweet 16 with win over Butler
- Sweet 16 trip serves as 'homecoming' for Purdue's Jacquil Taylor
- Texas Tech ends Purdue’s season in Sweet 16
- Purdue volleyball tops Marquette, advances to Sweet 16
- Purdue volleyball falls to Baylor in Sweet 16
- WL mayor is putting "sweet" in Sweet 16
- Purdue volleyball reacts to NCAA tournament draw
- Purdue WBB left out of NCAA Tournament
- Purdue baseball draws Houston in NCAA Tournament