LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Local students have created a new mural for downtown Lafayette.
The mural is located in an alley in the 500 block of Main Street. It shows the progression of a day through nature scenes.
It was done by a group of students in 7th to 12th grades. They were from the Tippecanoe Arts Federation's mural apprentice class. They worked on the mural during the fall as part of an after school arts program.
Nicole Huff said it's great to be a part of something that will be there for years to come.
"Being a apart of something that people will start to remember. So, you're sitting there and people will be like, 'Oh, yeah the mural in the alley!' And you'll be like,'I painted on that!' So, it was really cool," said Huff.
- Students create new mural in downtown Lafayette
- Downtown Lafayette to dedicate new mural Wednesday
- West Lafayette Welcomes New "Boilertown" Mural
- Greater Lafayette to dedicate new mural on Wednesday
- Small Business Saturday takes over downtown Lafayette
- Blind Pig Opens in Downtown Lafayette
- Taste of Tippecanoe comes to downtown Lafayette
- Potential renovations promote growth in downtown Lafayette
- Plans for the downtown Lafayette Christmas parade
- Energy-themed mural unveiled on Ninth Street