WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)—A group of students at Purdue are making it easier to purchase things around campus.
The group is creating a website named DormStall for all Purdue Students with a Purdue email. Their goal is to provide a an E-commerce website where students can purchase, sell, and trade items.
Students can focus on selling old textbooks, phones, or even game consoles. Sidharth Krishnamoorthi said this site will be a convenient alternative for Purdue Students to purchase common items.
"But the problem I noticed was after you post it, it will get pushed to the bottom and no one knows where it went. Textbooks, game tickets, anything, bicycles, a phone, xbox."
Ambassadors for the new website like Derek Dervishian see its potential for the future.
"When they start introducing it to their friends and it just starts growing exponentially from there."
Student Josh Purevich can't wait to try it out when it launches at the end of the month.
"Oh wow, this is actually a need and I could really see myself using this to its full extent."
The site is currently going through beta testing and will be live by the end of January.
- Students create exclusive e-commerce site
- Students create new mural in downtown Lafayette
- Purdue student creates a buzz at a campus student lounge
- Greater Lafayette Commerce hosts construction update luncheon
- Greater Lafayette Commerce Hosting Business Expo Wednesday
- Purdue University Global Awarded Exclusive HIMSS Designation
- High school student breaks into WL construction site, climbs crane
- Greater Lafayette Commerce looking for host families for 'Sister City' students
- Professor and student team creating Epipen equivalent for diabetics
- Delphi teachers created a coat drive for students and families