LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Students and faculty at Ivy Tech were working to raise awareness about domestic and sexual violence Wednesday evening. They held the annual Take Back the Night event.
Students from departments, including nursing and criminal justice, shared presentations about domestic and sexual violence.
There was also a resource fair with various organizations from around the community.
Then a survivor of domestic violence shared her powerful and courageous story.
Some students just wanted to let others know that help is available.
"We've done boards that have hotlines and we're giving away fliers that have the numbers on them. So, if there's anyone in any kind of need like that, they can grab that paper and call on their own," said Barbara Garcia.
The group then marched around campus - to take back the night.
- Students at Ivy Tech raise awareness about domestic and sexual violence
- Ivy Tech Lafayette students celebrate 2018 commencement
- Ivy Tech students celebrate at 2019 graduation
- Ivy Tech educating addiction counselors
- Elkhart exhibit tied to Domestic Violence Awareness month
- How purple purses are helping spread domestic violence awareness
- Dentists help spot domestic violence
- Ivy Tech Week of Service Kicks Off
- A list of events during Breast Cancer & Domestic Violence Awareness month
- Ivy Tech hosts annual Shoes for Water drive this week