MARSHALL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A male teenager student has died following a crash between a semi and a school bus in Marshall County.
According to the Indiana State Police, the crash happened Wednesday morning around 9:00 a.m. on U.S. 31 two miles south of State Road 30. Preliminary investigation indicates a 2016 International bus being driven by Cheryl Warner had just stopped at a railroad crossing and was starting to accelerate when it was struck from behind by a flatbed truck driven by Perry Tylor.
A male teenage student seated in the left rear of the bus was pronounced deceased at the scene. Another student, Zane Bell was airlifted from the scene and taken to Memorial Hospital in South Bend with non-life-threatening injuries. Other students were taken to Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center in Plymouth, IN for complaints of pain and reunification with parents.
At the time of the crash, the bus was occupied by 38 eighth grade students and three chaperones that were on the way to see a Christmas musical in Warsaw.
Police do not think the weather was a factor. Police continue to investigate the crash.
- 1 student killed when truck collides with Indiana school bus
- No charges in fatal Indiana crash between truck, school bus
- Coroner ID's Indiana boy killed in school bus crash
- 1 killed in Indiana truck-commuter train collision
- Indiana legislators push for school bus cameras after crash
- Indiana lawmaker plans bill to improve school bus safety
- School bus violations set new record in Indiana
- Semi and train collide in Newton County
- School bus crash injures 20, 1 student seriously hurt
- Truck hauling cows overturns in southwestern Indiana