LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - An 18-year-old is behind bars after pointing a hand gun at The Crossing Alternative High School. Lafayette Police report that it happened on Tuesday around 12:30 p.m.
LPD said Colby Blissitt was in an altercation with another student outside the school following the school day. During the incident, police said Blissitt was waving a baseball bat, however nobody was struck.
They said Blissitt got into his car and as he drove past the school, he pointed a handgun at a group of five students standing in front of the school. No shots were fired and no injuries occurred.
The White County Sheriff's Department was contacted to try and find Blissitt at his home in White County. They were able to find Blissitt and take him into custody without incident.
Blissitt was booked into the Tippecanoe County Jail on preliminary charges of intimidation with a deadly weapon, pointing a firearm and carrying a handgun without a license.
Below: Mug shot of Colby Blissitt provided by the Tippecanoe County Jail.
- Student arrested for pointing a handgun at Lafayette alternative school
- Handgun and ammo found in student's backpack
- Indiana lawmakers consider state handgun licensing repeal
- Purdue researchers finding cleaner fuel alternatives
- Indiana panel could back eliminating state handgun licensing
- Indiana House panel drops proposed handgun licensing repeal
- Indiana House backs bill eliminating handgun licensing fee
- Woman arrested following Lafayette shooting
- Lafayette man arrested after stabbing
- Lafayette man arrested after standoff