A fairly quiet and comfortable start to the work week, with temps near average for this time of year. A nice day to get out and enjoy with mostly to partly sunny skies and highs in the low to mid-80s. Overnight lows remaining pleasant in the mid-60s with increasing cloud coverage and gusty winds.
A warm front will be approaching later tonight through Tuesday bringing multiple opportunities for showers and storms. A few could become strong to severe. The main period of concern for this will be late afternoon and evening. If you have any outdoor plans, be sure to monitor the latest weather conditions. Lightning is always a hazard in thunderstorms, even if they aren't formally considered severe. Afternoon highs comfortable in the mid-80s with lows warmer in the upper 60s. Lingering chances for thunderstorms into Wednesday before eventually moving out and a heat wave setting in.
Upper 80s for your Thursday with 90s returning for the weekend. Not only does the temperature come up but the humidity will as well with heat indices firing up into the triple digits. These hot and humid conditions are expected from Thursday through Sunday with partly to mostly sunny skies. Isolated thunderstorms are possible.
- Strong Storms Tomorrow
- LATEST SHORTER-RANGE FORECAST ON STORM POTENTIAL NOW-TOMORROW NIGHT
- Isolated Showers Remain Through Tomorrow
- Photos: Strong storms cause damage across viewing area
- December 30, 5 PM: Rain with Another Strong Storm System
- Warm & Windy Monday, Cool Down Arrives Tomorrow
- Hurricane Michael to lash storm-weary Carolinas with rain and strong winds
- November 4, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update: Strong Storm System Monday Night
- A winter storm in Hawaii has produced strong winds, high surf, and yes, even snow