Photo Gallery 1 Images
MONTMORENCI, Ind. (WLFI) — Clean up continues after storms tore through Tippecanoe County, leaving behind a trail of damage Thursday night.
The damage is mostly downed trees. Strong winds snapped limbs in half, and there was also some minor property damage.
"I thought that maybe it was a tornado, but I didn't hear any tornado warnings," said Chris Cumberworth. "I saw the storm coming and I went out and took pictures. I didn't know it was going to be so severe."
Cumberworth was surprised to see how much damage was caused in just a few minutes.
"It looked like we were in a washing machine," she said. "I mean, things looked like they were swirling. It was just really strong winds."
The wind also damaged power lines and knocked out electricity to Cumberworth's home. However, she said it wasn't long before Tipmont REMC restored power.
- Storm leaves trail of damage near Montmorenci
- 2 dead after Montmorenci crash
- New traffic Lights in Montmorenci
- Storms damage Lafayette homes
- Monday night storm damage
- Storms cause damage in Frankfort
- Storm Damage & A Today's Outlook
- Storms leave thousands without power
- Tornadoes leave trail of destruction across Ohio, Indiana
- Photos: Viewers capture storm clouds and damage