Photo Gallery 4 Images
FRANKFORT, Ind. (WLFI) -- Powerful storms barrelled through Clinton County causing some heavy damage in Frankfort.
Damage was visible in the Wal-Mart parking lot right behind Frankfort High School. There was damage to the inside of the store as well.
Crews worked to restore power all over town and clean up areas with heavy damage and flooding.
The National Weather Service said it was too dark by the time the storm spotters got there to determine if it was a tornado. They will be back Sunday to decide if it was a tornado or just straight line winds.
Matt Lewis said he was out driving as the storm hit.
"The truck was just shaking violently, and next thing I knew here comes all the emergency vehicles," Lewis said. "We came down here and we noticed the overturned semis."
Many people were without power for most of the day, and several roads are flooded.
According to dispatch Freeman Street is closed from Krug Road to Prairie Avenue due to high water.
County Road 0 East/West from County Road 800 North to State Road 26 is also closed.
- Storms cause damage in Frankfort
- Storms damage Lafayette homes
- Storm Damage & A Today's Outlook
- Frankfort holiday trash collection schedule
- Frankfort Mayor addresses wall concerns
- Shade concerns at Frankfort Zoo
- New development "revitalizes" downtown Frankfort
- Storm leaves trail of damage near Montmorenci
- Photos: Viewers capture storm clouds and damage
- Frankfort police looking into new phone scam