INDIANA (WLFI) — Republican Senator Todd Young is spearheading the Department of Veterans Affairs Oversight Enhancement Act of 2018. The Act aims to provide more oversight from Congress to ensure each veteran receives proper benefits.
It also says the Veteran's Affairs Secretary must report to Congress on a regular basis.
Young explains the push to get veterans the best health care possible.
"Well, the Veterans Administration health care System is really failing, getting a failing grade," said Young. "In 2015 they were on the General Accountability Offices, this is the federal government's auditor, their list of high risk, problems."
Young worked with Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota on the Act. She said their efforts will ensure the V-A is using their funds appropriately.
- Senator Todd Young makes push to give veterans better health care
- Todd Rokita Files For US Senate
- Senator Todd Young shares his end-of-the-year wish list
- US Sen. Todd Young introduces bill to boost nursing program
- Todd Young reacts to Trump's criticism of four democratic congresswomen
- Senator Young reacts to impeachment proceedings
- Todd Rokita on state tour leading up to primary election
- U.S. Representative Todd Rokita hosted Town Hall in Frankfort
- Former Congressman Todd Rokita joins Indianapolis-based Apex Solutions