INDIANAPOLIS (WLFI) - The West Lafayette football team was recognized on the Indiana House floor Tuesday for their 2018 state title. Representatives Sheila Klinker and Chris Campbell hosted the Red Devils at the statehouse.
West Lafayette defeated Evansville Reitz 47-42 in the Class 3A State Championship and finished the season 15-0.
“The accomplishments of these young men speak to the talent, skill and dedication they have given to high school football and their team,” Klinker said. “This historic season will be remembered by players, coaches, friends, family, and now the Indiana General Assembly for years to come.”
The championship was RDP's first state title since 2009.
— WL Football (@WLfootballRDP) April 9, 2019
- West Lafayette football team honored for state championship on Indiana House floor
- 2018 West Lafayette football team receives state title rings
- Purdue football team honored at Indiana Statehouse
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- West Lafayette football program eyes first state title since 2009
- '352' Blood Drive honors West Lafayette family
- West Lafayette prepares for Purdue football traffic
- West Lafayette Community School Corporation suing State of Indiana
- West Lafayette dance team to compete in World Dance Championship in NYC
- Lafayette and West Lafayette team up for pedestrian trail funding