TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - Indiana State Police took a South Bend man into custody Sunday afternoon after being led on a short pursuit.
Trooper Corey Brown clocked a black Ford Escape traveling 113 miles per hour on northbound I-65.
The trooper attempted to pull the SUV over, but the driver pulled off at the State Road 25 exit ramp.
The driver turned left onto State Road 25, and ran a red light.
Eventually, the SUV did pull over. The driver was identified as 23-year-old William J. Szalay.
He was charged with reckless driving, resisting law enforcement, and speeding.
He was taken to the Tippecanoe County Jail.
The passenger in his car was not charged with anything and was returned to their home in West Lafayette by another trooper.
- State Police arrest driver clocked at 113mph after a short pursuit
- Police arrest 3 after OnStar helps ends pursuit
- High speed police pursuit over weekend ends with two arrested
- Lafayette man arrested after south side shooting, police pursuit
- Police pursuit on US 41 ends in arrest
- UPDATE: Driver accused in early morning pursuit faces kidnapping charge
- Montgomery County dedicates new clock tower
- High speed I-65 pursuit leads to an arrest
- Three arrested after early morning stolen vehicle pursuit
- Lafayette man facing several charges after a morning police pursuit