LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — After nearly 30 years of serving Greater Lafayette, the St. John’s/LUM Food Pantry is closing its doors at the end of the month. The Food Pantry at St. John's/LUM will be open for the last day on Saturday, March 30th.
According to a news release, the decision was made so the ministry could focus its energy on new ministries and working with existing agencies.
There will be an event to honor the pantry’s volunteers, staff, and clients. It will take place at 7 p.m. Saturday, March 23 at St. John’s.
- St. John's/LUM Food Pantry closing
- St. John's/LUM food pantry closed
- LUM closing warming stations early
- St. John's planning to continue to serve community after closing food pantry
- LUM offers free tax preparation
- LUM opening warming centers early
- Lafayette Urban Ministry opens Protein Food Pantry
- ACE Food Pantry fighting food insecurity on Purdue's campus
- LUM 'flips switch' on new solar panels
- Indiana State University opens food pantry for students