LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — After nearly 30 years of serving Greater Lafayette, the St. John’s/LUM Food Pantry is closing its doors at the end of the month. The Food Pantry at St. John's/LUM will be open for the last day on Saturday, March 30th.
According to a news release, the decision was made so the ministry could focus its energy on new ministries and working with existing agencies.
There will be an event to honor the pantry’s volunteers, staff, and clients. It will take place at 7 p.m. Saturday, March 23 at St. John’s.
- St. John's/LUM food pantry closed
- St. John's/LUM Food Pantry closing
- St. John's planning to continue to serve community after closing food pantry
- Lafayette Urban Ministry opens Protein Food Pantry
- LUM offers free tax preparation
- Indiana State University opens food pantry for students
- LUM 'flips switch' on new solar panels
- LUM winter warming station opens to those in need
- LUM expecting to serve 900 meals for Thanksgiving
- Franciscan Health donates thousands of sheets to LUM