LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Friday is National Overdose Awareness day and on Thursday a service is being held in Lafayette for healing addicts and their loved ones.
A Better Life Brianna's Hope is hosting the third annual Healing and Hope Service. The event will start with a community dinner followed by a panel of guest speakers. Guests include someone who is in the early and later stages of recovery. Information will be shared on what the different pathways to recovery can look like.
"Yes it is a family disease and the recovery community should be a family community as well and we all need to be together and supporting one another in whatever type of support that is and it does vary from children to teenagers to adults," said Jason Padgett, Director of Grace Recovery Ministries.
Tonight's service is being held in Lafayette at Grace United Methodist church at 6 P.M. and is open to the public.
- Special service will be held for National Overdose Awareness day
- International Overdose Awareness Day celebrated in Lafayette
- It's National Waffle Day!
- It's national taco day!
- It's National Pumpkin Day!
- US Army Veteran travels nation to raise PTSD awareness
- Aviation Day held at the Purdue Airport
- Purdue holds annual Memorial Day Service
- National Weather Service surveys Tippecanoe Co. storm damage
- Severe Weather and Flood Awareness Week Underway