Lafayette, Ind. (WLFI) — A community center on the south side is nearing completion.
The River City Community Center will be located at the old Pay Less off Beck Lane. River City Church's STEAM academy opened a few months ago and a food pantry will open soon.
After talking with residents and community leaders the church learned the area was in need of a food pantry. The building will also serve as a community engagement center. A place where people can receive information on health conditions, as well as help with job searches and housing.
"While this project isn't yet done, we've made a lot of progress in terms of making sure we are going to be offering things that are wanted and needed by the people that live in this community," says lead pastor Robby Bradford.
Fundraising for phase two of the community center will wrap up in March and renovation will begin shortly after.
The River City Church food bank will open in early January.
- Southside community center opening right on schedule
- Delphi opens a new community center
- River City Community Center celebrates grand opening
- No arrest made in Friday's southside shooting
- New southside Lafayette library breaks ground
- Power outages reported in Carroll County, community center open
- Community center project on track
- New community center in Lafayette
- Rensselaer holiday trash schedule
- Carroll County Community Center serves as warming center Wednesday