Photo Gallery 1 Images
LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Beginning Monday, sections of South Street will be closed at Sagamore Parkway. It's all a part of the Restore Sagamore Project.
The closure will allow crews to reconstruct South Street between Earl Avenue to Sagamore Parkway and from Sagamore Parkway to Hamman Street.
Local traffic to businesses will be allowed, but South Street will be closed to through traffic. If you normally drive down this street expect some delays in the flow of traffic. There may also be some congestion and delays along the detours.
Kory Fitzsimmons has managed KC Vapor studio off Earl Ave for about two years. He's not looking forward to the nearby closure happening when there are similar businesses people can visit to avoid construction nearby.
"We still have two enterances in, plenty of parking," said Fitzsimmons. "Hopefully not going to be too big of a deal. There's plenty of ways on to Earl. So, fingers crossed."
One lane in each direction of Sagamore Parkway will stay open to the north and south. The project is expected to last 90 days.
Fitzsimmons said he likes the improvements that have been made during this project and hopes it's the same when this work is complete by his business.
"Hopefully more traffic coming into us, but that's about it," said Fitzsimmons. "Less jams over there in the intersection. So that's kind of a pain getting in and out of there."
The closure is expected to cause traffic congestion and delays. Drivers are asked to seek an alternative route if possible.
The Restore Sagamore Project is expected to wrap up July 2018.
- South Street closure begins Monday
- Business owners prepare for South Street closure
- Details released in upcoming South Street closure
- Portion of South Street to close Monday
- Main Street closure pushed back
- Final phase of State Street redevelopment to begin Monday
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge closures begin today
- Overnight closures on Sagamore Parkway beginning Wednesday
- State Street closures will affect parking garage
- Temporary weekend road closure on State Street