One of Lafayette's busiest intersections is scheduled to reopen later this week. South Street along Sagamore Parkway will be open on Saturday.
Crews first shut down the road on April 2nd.
The project was expected to take 90 days. It was orginally set to reopen on July 2nd.
Lafayette City Engineer Jeromy Grenard says the delay was caused by a pipe relocation.
"There was a gas main that had to be lowered. We knew it was there, just didn't realize it was as high as it was. It had to be lowered. They told us it would take an additional 5 weeks or so, but they were able to complete that work quicker," said Grenard.
Grenard added that a new project will begin upon the completion of South Street. "Once this is finished, the railroad crossing on Kossuth east of Sagamore Parkway will be worked. We'll need to close Kossuth for a little over a week for that work," said Grenard.
Traffic along South Street will be open to both directions, but additional daily lane closures can be expected.
There is no scheduled start date for the railroad repair.
- South Street along Sagamore Parkway to open Saturday
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge reopening delayed
- Chipotle coming to Sagamore Parkway
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge closures begin today
- Construction delays expected on Sagamore Parkway
- Sagamore Parkway will have overnight closures
- Sagamore Parkway overnight closures happening Thursday night
- Overnight Sagamore Parkway closures starting Wednesday
- Overnight closures on Sagamore Parkway beginning Wednesday
- All 4 lanes of Sagamore Parkway now open