INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WTTV) - The owner of Ragú is recalling some of its jars of pasta sauce over the possibility that they may contain plastic fragments, the company said.
Mizkan America said Saturday it has no reports of injuries or complaints, and was launching the recall voluntarily “out of an abundance of caution.”
The affected products are:
- 45-ounce chunky tomato, garlic & onion, with a June 6, 2020, best-by date
- 66-ounce chunky tomato, garlic & onion, with a June 5, 2020, best-by date
- 66-ounce chunky tomato, garlic & onion, with a June 6, 2020, best-by date
- 66-ounce old world style traditional, with a June 4, 2020, best-by date
- 66-ounce old world style meat, with a June 5, 2020, best-by date
The sauces, produced earlier this month, were distributed nationally, the company said.
“Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be discarded or returned to the place of purchase for a refund,” Publix grocery store chain said in its own announcement.
Customers can also contact Mizkan America for a replacement coupon and to have any sauces picked up for further examination, the company said.
Mizkan America of Mt. Prospect, Illinois, is a subsidiary of the Handa, Japan-based food company, Mizkan, which specializes in vinegars, sauces, mustards and dressings. Mizkan Group purchased Ragú and Bertolli in 2014 for $2.15 billion.
- Some bottles of Ragú pasta sauce recalled, may contain plastic fragments
- Bottles Of Wish Bone Salad Dressing Recalled
- Facebook bans plastic water bottles in new offices
- A major cruise line is ditching single-use plastic bottles
- California bans travel-size plastic shampoo bottles from hotels
- McDonald's brings back Shamrock Shakes, Szechuan sauce
- Millions of Contigo water bottles recalled because of the risk kids will choke on detachable spout
- A Song of Coffee and Water: 'Game of Thrones' leaves plastic bottle in shot during finale
- Entenmann's Little Bites Soft Baked Cookies have been recalled due to blue plastic contamination
- Locally owned BONZ BBQ Sauce owner hosts Halloween Party for the community