A few spotty showers & t'showers will pass at times late tonight-tomorrow with coverage around 30%. Skies will be partly to mostly cloudy with lows tonight in the 60s as higher humidity arrives.
However, some severe weather is possible tomorrow evening-early night, along with the potential of some localized flash flooding. Main threat would be wind, but the potential is there for hail &/or brief tornado. On a scale of 0 to 5 in terms of severity, it is a 1 to 2 (isolated to scattered severe risk in our area).
Highs will run in the 80s with the high humidity gradually overspread the area.
Imagery & Data Courtesy of College of DuPage:
Oppressively-high humidity will arrive late week. These 77-81 dew points combines with highs 90-95 will push heat indices to 110 at times. Some minor relief is possible after Tuesday of next week (for a few days), but the overall warmer-than-normal pattern will continue past July 4.
With high humidity & southwesterly breeze, even a night, overnight lows will be very uncomfortable in the muggy 74-80 range.
At times in the heat wave, a few random spotty to isolated storms may pop in the intense heating. Threat would be isolated flash flooding & wet microbursts. It is not out of the question that a complex or two of storms with more widespread severe weather might clip part of the area until more widespread, perhaps severe storms, pass through the entire area around late Monday or Tuesday of next week.
- Some Severe Weather RIsk (& Localized Flash Flooding), Then Oppressive Heat Wave
- Isolated Funnels/Landspout Tornado & Flash Flooding Risk.....Then Oppressive Heat Down the Road
- Weather: Sort of interesting day, oppressive heat wave ahead
- Oppressive Heat and Alberto's Rains
- Oppressive heat pushes into Indiana
- August 6, 2018 Isolated Severe Weather & Flash Flooding Summary
- Heat Wave Continues Sunday
- THE SEVERE WEATHER RISK AHEAD
- SEVERE WEATHER RISK THIS AFTERNOON
- Oppressive Heat Wave Still Ahead.....Few Storms, Then More Widespread Storms Down the Road