UPDATE: Comcast believes it has fixed the issue. It can take up to 24 hours to remedy itself but viewers can manually reset the box for a possible quicker update.
LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- Several Comcast users have been unable to find WLFI stations on their lineup this Thursday.
The problem stems from a technical issue with some Comcast equipment.
Several viewers experiencing this problem say they have been told the issue is at the WLFI station. That is untrue. WLFI is operating normally with all other providers and over the air. Others say they were told that a contract issue is to blame. WLFI's contract with Comcast is in good standing.
WLFI engineers have been working with Comcast to get the issue resolved. In the early afternoon, WLFI was restored for many customers, but News 18 has heard from several households who are still unable to find the station in their lineup.
Comcast doesn't currently have an estimated timeline for restoring the issue. Remember, if your service is out, you can stream News 18 here.
- Some Lafayette Comcast customers report issues receiving WLFI
- WLFI History
- Lafayette receives "Stormwater Award"
- Retail closures in Lafayette have customers frustrated
- Triple stabbing reported in Lafayette
- Power outages reported in Lafayette
- WATCH: Man arrested after destroying WLFI camera
- Lafayette boy receives award for saving lives
- Lafayette teacher receives Distinguished Hoosier Award