Wind gusts of 35-45 mph have occurred over the entire viewing area area, at least. As some of these convective showers with perhaps an isolated rumble of thunder come through, gusts +60 mph are possible. A bit of graupal may mix in (small soft hail like the styrofoam in potting soil). Rainfall coverage will average 40%.
Some limbs & a few trees may come down & a few power outages are possible.
These strongest winds should last over the next 1-2 hours, then slowly decrease with a few spotty rain/snow showers before ending.
It will still be blustery at the Purdue game, but it will get very slowly better during the game & the wind will not be as bad then as it is now.
Temperatures will fall rapidly through the 40s.
- Some Gusts +60 mph Possible
- March 14, 2019: Warmest Day Since October 10 with Peak Measured Gusts to 58 mph
- Local Weather History: The Severe Storms of August 24, 1947 with 78 mph WInd Gust Measured at the Purdue Airport
- Peak Sunday Wind Gusts & the Outlook to Early December
- Police: Wisconsin man exceeded 160 mph on Indiana Toll Road
- Flora police officer involved in 140 mph pursuit
- HIGHLIGHTS: West Lafayette 60, Harrison 53
- November 6, 6:30 PM Weather Forecast Update: Peak Measured Gusts Today & a Look at the Cold & Some Snowfall Ahead