A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect for all counties in the viewing area, but the three advisories in effect will expire at different times today. Benton, Newton and Jasper counites will have the advisory until noon CST/ 1 p.m. EST. The advisory for Tippecanoe, Fountain, Warren, Montgomery, Clinton, Carroll and Howard counites expires at 4 p.m. EST. White, Pulaski, Fulton, Cass and Miami counites will have an advisory through 7 p.m. EST.
We have been tracking snow showers through the overnight hours and into the Monday morning commute. At 8:30 a.m. EST, we measured 2.5” at the station In West Lafayette, IN. The widespread snowfall we have been seeing for much of the morning will become more scattered this midday. Blowing/drifting snow will remain a possibility today along with a chance for light snow into the afternoon.
Precisioncast has all the snow moving out of our eastern counties by 4 p.m. EST. Snow accumulations between 2” to 4” are likely by the evening rush hour. Skies will remain overcast this evening and tonight.
In the wake of the arctic cold front, temperatures will plummet with lows dropping below zero in the Lafayette area. Westerly winds near 15 MPH may create wind chills down to -20° tonight and early Tuesday morning! Tomorrow will be a day to wear layers as highs only reach near the 15° mark.
The second half of the work week looks quiet with a high pressure system building into the Mid-South. The area of high pressure will allow skies to become mostly clear Wednesday through Wednesday. Plus, temperatures will gradually rise near Lafayette’s average high (High: 34 °) by Friday afternoon. Temperatures will exceed the average this weekend with mild air moving back into the state. Highs in the lower 50s are expected by Sunday!
- Snow today with bitter temperatures on the way
- Bitter temperatures with a chance for snow
- More snow and bitter temperatures this weekend
- Bitter cold temperatures wreak havoc all over Greater Lafayette
- Another Bitter Blast of Brutal Cold
- Local Weather History: February's Top Biggest Snows & Coldest Temperatures
- Updated look at snow totals for today.. 5:30pm
- Falling temperatures for Tuesday
- Falling temperatures this week
- Windy with mild temperatures