LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A man is dead after a Lafayette police-involved shooting Monday afternoon.
Lafayette Police Department Sgt. Michael Brown said they got a 911 call at 2:13 p.m. about a man with a gun near 23rd and State streets. That's near Jeff High School.
Brown said officers found an armed man and they tried to negotiate with him. That's when police said an officer fired his weapon and killed the man.
No officers were hurt and the public is not in danger. LPD is not releasing why an officer fired shots at this time.
This story will be updated.
- Man dies in Lafayette police-involved shooting
- Man killed in Lafayette police-involved shooting identified
- 1 dead in police-involved shooting
- Police identify suspect in officer-involved shooting
- Man dies 'traumatic death' in Lafayette homicide
- Lafayette man arrested after south side shooting, police pursuit
- Lafayette police investigate shooting at Romney Meadows
- Lafayette police investigating early morning shooting
- Coroner identifies man involved in West Lafayette SWAT standoff
- Lafayette man involved in stabbing sentenced to prison