PERU, Ind. (WTTV) – An 18-year-old died from a gunshot wound in Peru Sunday.
According to the Miami County Sheriff’s Office, deputies and state troopers were called to a home on North Mexico Road around 7:20 a.m. Sunday after a caller said a teen had been shot and killed.
Officers found 18-year-old Nathan Joe Hopper suffering from a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Miami County Sheriff’s Office, Miami County Coroner’s Office and Indiana State Police are investigating.
- Shooting death of 18-year-old in Miami County home under investigation
- ISP investigating a death at Miami Correctional Facility
- 18-year-old arrested in connection to Peru death
- EMT Dies in Miami County Crash
- Lafayette Police searching for missing 18-year-old
- State police investigate inmate stabbing at Miami Correctional Facility
- Authorities investigate Tippecanoe County Jail inmate's death
- Miami County crash claims life of 12-year-old girl
- Curb ramp upgrades begin in Miami County Monday
- One dead after motorcycle crash in Miami County